Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Engine finaly blue


When you have a chance to have an engine painted by the builder, have the colour ready to go. I wasn't sure what colour I wanted, so,I said "Don't paint the engine, I'll do it when I know what colour I want." the sump was painted blue to protect it from rusting.
A few weeks went by still had no idea on colour, I have run out of time and have to paint it . A nice safe Ford Blue. Notice the oil filter, This is a "Z71" the second smallest of the RYCO filters. when the filter is sitting at the end of the thread, I have 10mm clearance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great good job

David Richardson said...

Greame,
Love your blog, I'm restoring a 1953 also, although its been in progress for a while.
Posted a couple of other comments.
Have you checked with an engineer yet, just wondering what I will need to expect also.
Keep up the good work.

thanks

Dave..
drichardson@iinet.net.au

Graham said...

G'day Dave,
My car was bought complete the only thing I did was fit the motor, gearbox, diff.
Some minor rust repair, the brakes were of a 54 Cuzzo that had been engineered previously.
I am going to be driving on SR plates so some of the things I need to do are,
Brake test,
Noise test.
RWC
This will be engineered at a later date and registered for every day use.
I am trying to get it on the road so I can take it to the Bright rod run in November

If you have pictures I would like to see them. It has been a little lonely being the only 53 under construction....that is until now..

look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers
Graham