Friday, September 06, 2013

Dizzy over the Distributor

I have spent countless hours trying to find a solution the a major issue. A distributor that I purchased on E-Bay for under $100.00 delivered to my front door, was hitting the manifold. The dizzy had the coil in the cap (this was to save space and wires in the engine bay) the physical size is one issue and the hight being the second. I spoke with the guy's at a performance shop where they have used this combination of 351W and RPM AIRGAP. The dizzy they use is the Accel with built in module, they had one on the shelf and seeing it I thought it would be ok. So off to VPW (Victorian Performance wholesalers) with the part number to purchase the dizzy, Some $400.00 dollars later I got home place the dizzy in the engine and this dizzy fowled in the same spots. The difference this time was, it is hitting the tabs that hold the cap on. No problem phone VPW and away I go again. They had one other distributor to try a Mallory part #:8455415. To use this dizzy I would need the Mallory HyFire6 part #:6852M and the recommended coil for this is the P#: . So now I have this ignition system that could electrocute me if I'm hot care full

No comments: